Advertised: 3-10-10 | Closing Date: 2-11-10.
Our client is a leading Telco Infrastructure provider and is building a high speed national broadband network. Dynamic and driven individuals with good problem solving skills are required for this stable and fast growing company.
System Engineer (GIS, NETWORK)
* Operate and maintain OSS / BSS System (Order Management & Billing, Network Inventory , Geographical Information System, Network Fault Management) and Network Systems
* Understanding of Services and Products from the Business Unit (BU) Marketing & Network Planning/Operations and mapping these on the systems.
* Perform technical risk evaluation of proposed design/solution
* Prepare the test plan and perform acceptance testing for roll out
* Application software configuration, progrsming/enhancement and testing based on changing business requirements
* Documentation & control
* Provide 2nd / 3rd level technical support
* Must be adaptive to be assigned of other duties and other responsibilities, when business and operational needs required.
Requirements:Candidate must possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication), Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
Required skill(s): Network, OSS, BSS.
Preferred skill(s): GIS.
At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Preferably Senior Executives specializing in IT/Computer – Network/System/Database Admin or equivalent. Job role in Network/System Engineer or equivalent.
* Hands-on experience in Redhat Linux / Solaris Unix system administration &, server backup, disaster recovery preparation
* Hands-on experience in Application Server (e.g. JBoss ) administration & performance tuning.
* Hands-on experience on Oracle pl/sql scripts, perl and/or php programming
* Experience in the JBOSS development environment would be an added advantage
* Experience of OSS/BSS systems support & maintenance (e.g. Remedy/ GE Smallworld) would be an added advantage
* Experience in networking (e.g. load balancing, firewall, VPN) would be an added advantage.
* Possess excellent interpersonal skills, negotiation and communication skills.
* A good team player and highly motivated, goal-oriented individual
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; if you do
not hear from us in 3 weeks you may assume that the position has
For other opportunities, please email your CV-in-confidence to: